Louann Buhlinger is the communications director of Impact Tulsa, the founder of Lion’s Roar Consulting, and former managing editor of Tulsa Lifestyle and Tidings magazines. She is an Accredited Public Relations (APR) professional and certified by FEMA for emergency management public information.
Recently, she received the PRSA Silver Link Award for tactical communications in the “Before and after” category, and she and her team were also presented with the highest honor with the Best in Show award for 2023. Louann was previously recognized by PRSA, Tulsa Ad Club and Oklahoma School Public Relations Association for integrated campaign development and execution, collateral development including magazines, newsletters and advertising campaigns, and website development.
Prior to joining Impact Tulsa, Louann worked in both nonprofit and business sectors. Her nonprofit experience includes 10 years working in education as the director of communications for the Tulsa Public School District which was Northeastern Oklahoma’s largest school district with 40,000 students; the University of Tulsa College of Law which was ranked as the #1 Best Value Private Law School in the U.S.; and the TU College of Health Sciences. During this time, she also served as an advisor to Communities in Schools and was the TPS District liaison for the Tulsa Chamber of Commerce including the Adopt-a-School program, working closely with partners and volunteers.
Her business background includes working as the marketing communications director for Purolator Products, a division of Pennzoil, and as a vice president of marketing for US Mutual, a division of HireRight. Louann also worked in revenue and donation-generating roles as the director of development for the Frank Lloyd Wright Price Tower, and as the vice president of Communication Graphics Inc. for 13 years.
Louann is currently a member of Leadership Tulsa, class 53. Her volunteer work with Tulsa Public Schools has included serving as a Junior Achievement volunteer and program coordinator for Celia Clinton Elementary, and as a lunch buddy at Anderson Elementary. “It is so rewarding to see the light in the eyes of the students as they learn and grow,” said Louann. She has also served in board positions for Rotary Club of Tulsa, Tulsa Opera Guild, and as an LT board intern with Family & Children’s Services.
- Implemented new digital and traditional reputation and recruitment communications campaign for the Tulsa University College of Law, resulting in an increase in U.S. News & World Report peer reputation score. Elements included traditional and digital marketing, Drip automation, and video editing and publishing.
- Received regional recognition by OKSPRA for a multi-year educator recruitment campaign resulting in a fill rate of 99.05% at Tulsa Public School District.
- Developed and managed $6 million national consumer brand marketing campaign including network media and NASCAR race and sponsorships, resulting in a 75% increase in brand awareness and preference over three years for Purolator, a division of Pennzoil.
- Created and implemented new branding earning 99% acceptance in less six months including a new logo mark, website and social channels, award-winning magazine and digital newsletter, and consumer website store for First Church Tulsa.
- As managing editor of Tulsa Lifestyle magazine, issues garnering attention the highly sought after “Movers and Shakers” features with people making a difference in Tulsa, and new mayor and governor interviews.
- Hired and trained consultative marketing team of 18, produced national award-winning advertising campaigns, and doubled revenues in less than 10 years for Communication Graphics Inc.
- Generated $300,000 in new nonprofit donations and $750,000 in grant requests in a six-month time span for Frank Lloyd Wright’s Price Tower in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
- Launched and managed an international global conference and exhibition business in the power generation and electric industry for PennWell Global. Doubled revenues in two years. Event sizes ranged up to 16,000 professionals.
Louann lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and enjoys spending time with her family. She’s an avid supporter of education for all from cradle to career. She is also a lover of animals including her rescue Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Cooper; and her rescue Siamese, Katie … also known as “Hurricane” Katie; and serves as a communications volunteer for the Tulsa SPCA.
Specialties: Communications campaigns, strategy development using data combined with empathy, public relations, marketing, research, branding, writing and publishing, AP Style, user engagement and web/social media management, vendor and agency management, team building and training, budgeting.